Please read this important message from our Hospital Director Dr. Jenna Cooper:
At Banderas Pet Hospital we always strive to provide personalized, family first veterinary medicine. Our focus currently is to ensure that our patients, their owners and our staff are all kept healthy during this time.
While the situation around COVID-19 remains fluid and unknown, I want to ensure that your pet continues to receive appropriate treatments to address their chronic pain and functional deficits.
As such Banderas Pet Hospital will remain OPEN; however the following policies have already begun effective March 16, 2020:
For your safety and ours, all pets are continuing to be seen in the building by our doctors. The following is how you can expect your appointment to go:
- Call 949-766-4449 from your car when you arrive for your scheduled appointment
- A technician or a doctor to call you back for a through history *please bring a phone and a charger to your appointment*
- A team member will come to you to collect the patient
- A thorough examination will be performed by our doctor and final determination of recommended diagnostics and treatment will be made.
- We will provide a tentative a customized treatment plan (as we always have) verbally and/or e-mail – you can often sign directly from your phone once opened as an attachment. If you cannot, please reply ‘I authorize the recommended treatment plan’.
- Once completed, your pet will be returned to you with any medications and we can e-mail instructions and receipts.
- We apologize in advance, but you will not be allowed to enter the building at this time in order to maintain a high level of bio-security protection for our staff.
If your pet is otherwise stable and has an appointment for annual services, you are still more than welcome to keep your appointment but may be asked to reschedule if a medical or staffing emergency arises.
All non-essential grooming services such as nail trims will be suspended until further notice. This is to protect our staff who remain dedicated to helping our pets stay safe and healthy during this time of crisis.
Please let us know at least 24 hours in advance concerning refills on medications. If you prefer to maintain social isolation, we have an online pharmacy and this week re-negotiated the lowest rates available. This works well long-term as Dr. Cooper can authorize remotely long-term. Otherwise, in order to minimize contact, we plan on having a medication pick-up outside the front door for use during normal clinic hours (hooks are to the right of the door). We will place medications out there after they have been paid for via the phone. Keep in mind that all physical and on-line pharmacies are currently experiencing high demand and therefore medication refills may take longer than usual.
Currently staff is continuing to bring food requests to your car; this may change depending on the situation.
If you are ill
If you are feeling under the weather, please cancel your appointment. Coronavirus can spread in the very early stages (early cough, low-grade fever, sore throat), so if you are feeling off AT ALL just let us know and stay home to take care of yourself. There will be no fee for cancelled appointments. Thankfully, coronavirus is unlikely to pass between pets and humans. The AVMA and CDC are currently saying (as of 3/11/20) that it is very unlikely for pets to be involved in the transmission of coronavirus, both among pets or from pet-to-human. However, you should be cautious with contact with other pets and not allow your pets to lick others faces in an abundance of caution.
Please keep in mind that at times we may run a bit behind, we may be short staffed or dealing with an emergency. Any anger or lashing out at employees will not be tolerated. We are all in this together and it’s a scary time for us all, we need to show compassion to each other whenever possible.
We here at Banderas Pet Hospital DEEPLY appreciate your continued support and trust as we continue to navigate this unprecedented time. As this situation evolves, so will we, in order to ensure your four-legged family members receive optimal care.
In love and health,
Dr. Jenna Cooper
Banderas Pet Hospital